If you’re looking for things to do on vacation while in Holden Beach, there are tons of places, activities and attractions to keep you busy. But we’ve compiled our list of the Top 5 things you absolutely must see and do before you leave!
1. Our Beaches. The southern North Carolina Beaches are simply the best, they’ve been voted the third best beaches in the nation! Our powder white sand and calm surf are perfect for your family. Our beaches, unlike so many others on the east coast, and un-congested with high-rises and flashy beach shops everywhere the eye can see. This is the way the beach is supposed to be, so grab some beach chairs, build a sandcastle and relive the good ol’ days of relaxing sun filled days!
2. Free Summer Concerts. One of the best things about summer is taking any excuse to be outside! Every Sunday night, Holden Beach holds a free outdoor concert with some of the best beach music, rock and roll, oldies, and Mowtown around! The concerts start at 6:30pm at the Holden Beach Pavilion under the Holden Beach bridge. Admission is free, just bring a chair and get ready to dance all night long!
3. Magic Mountain. Whipping around the go-cart track, splashing down the water slides, beating your friends and family in mini-golf, sound great? Then Magic Mountain Fun Park is definitely the place to go for a great time! A trip to this beachside amusement park is almost as essential to a Holden Beach vacation as the beach! It’s open from Memorial Day to Labor Day and it’s fun for all ages. With kid’s slides and an ice cream shop, this is a perfect place for everyone. For more information about the park call 910-842-2727. Open daily from 10am-6pm (closed Sundays).
4. Turtle Watching. One of the amazing things that happens every year in our area is the sea turtles coming ashore to lay their eggs. Here at Holden Beach and other nearby beaches we have several volunteer organizations that help in the process. They do everything from walking the beaches to look for nests, holding weekly “Turtle Talk” educational sessions, and helping the baby turtles make it back to sea once they’ve hatched. It’s truly a wonderful thing to see and a great experience to be a part of! The Turtle Watch program at Holden Beach is run by the NC Wildlife Resources Commission, a non-profit organization. These organizations are always looking for volunteers, if you’re interested visit their website https://www.hbturtlewatch.org/ and make your vacation extra memorable!
5. Charter Fishing. Have you ever been charter fishing? Well Holden Beach is the perfect spot to try it out. We’ve got lots of charters who will take you out and show you the ropes. Reel in a big fish with one of these great companies: Windy Point Nautical Adventures, Follow Me Fishing Charters, Catch 22, Stand ‘N’ Down, Capt’n Brant’s, and more! Just check out our Fishing Page for more information!